01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Bracing for Beryl 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bracing for Beryl

34
How is everyone's Memorial Day weekend going? We're hanging in here and bracing for Tropical Storm Beryl. Personally, I'm not worried. I think we'll end up with lots of rain and wind but nothing that will cause too much damage, although a few trees have fallen in the city. We've been under a Tropical Storm Warning since yesterday morning and it's supposed to last through Tuesday. This morning they added a Flood Watch too. We're slightly inland so I'm not worried about flooding at all.

As we speak, the front of the storm is beginning to hit Jacksonville, FL and expected to make landfall in a few hours.

After good ol' Beryl makes landfall, she will turn and head our way. We will some rain as it heads onshore, but I think there will be more once it turns and heads our way.

Due to the storm coming, I forced TJ to help do a little bit of yard work Friday night and then we went back to more yard work yesterday. I knew with the storm coming that we may not be able to do any work today or tomorrow, so I headed to the gym as soon as TJ come home from work so we could get some yard work done during Jordyn's morning nap.  While working, TJ was exhausted and talking about how the city was only going to 15 bags a week without charging us. More than 15 and we're charged a bulk pick up fee. I decided we would only fill 15 bags and be done so we didn't have a ton of bags sitting around for a week until they came back. We also knew we would have to move as many of these bags into the garage/man cave as we could to avoid them getting blown over and our work being for nothing. 

To TJ's relief, it didn't tale long to fill up 15 bags. The sad part though? 15 bags was only half of our front yard. We still the other half of the front yard and the entire back which is 3 or 4 times worse. 

While I didn't get nearly as much yard work done as I wanted, I had plenty more to do around the house. Laundry, cleaning, workouts, picture edits, it all seems never ending.

Thursday was C25K day. My run was slower and I was pretty disappointed in myself but the only thing I can do is improve on the next run. I took a different route, which is mostly sunny so it was hot. I need to stick that route to a morning run.


Saturday, I decided to head to the gym instead of going for run. My main reason? I wanted a weigh-in. I don't own a scale (most of the time I like it that way so I'm not tempted to step on the scale constantly), so I haven't stepped on a scale about a week. I opted for an elliptical workout which I loved. I always love an elliptical workout. I wish I owned one. LOL!


After my workout, I stepped on the scale and the results.....down .8 pounds! A little disappointed it's not more, but I'll take it. It puts me at a quarter of the way through my weightless goal! Happy face at reaching my first goal!!!!!



I knew going to bed last night that is I wanted to get a run in today, I was going to have to go as soon as TJ came home from work since at that time we didn't know exactly when the rain would start. It still hasn't started, but I'm actually really glad I went so early. It was cooler and not as humid. And I HATE humidity. Yes, I know I live in the south and have lived in the south for almost 20 years but truthfully this isn't my choice. If I had my way, I'd live in Colorado. It's gorgeous there and there isn't the humidity like there is here. And they have snow. I love snow! Anywho, I went back to my normal route this morning. My end time was faster than Thursday but only by 2 seconds. However, while running, I was trying to figure out why my time is slower this week than the other weeks, and it's because the actual amount of time I'm running is less. so I'm not as disappointed but I'm still a little disappointed. 


Something that did make me happy, was my Map My Run app and my Runkeeper app. I used both in conjunction with my c25K app. As always, I started the Map My Run app, at the beginning of my first run and stopped it as soon as my last run was done. I averaged 12:17 between the 4 runs and 3 walks. While that is only a jog, I'm happy with it because of my Runkeeper app. The Runkeeper app will give you an audio cue every 5 minutes letting you know you're average pace, current pace and distance. during these cues, I was running and hd current paces between 10:34 and 10:56. That makes me happy! I definitely want to be faster but that will take time. Knowing that the running parts were under 11 minutes gives me the motivation to keep going and that I may not have a horrible first 5K run. HAHA!!!


I'm a little nervous to move on to Week 4, the runs will be 3 and 5 minutes and the 3 minutes were rough on me. I know I have to push myself but I hope I can do this!

It's late and it's time for bed. I want to hit the gym (or run if there's no rain) in the morning when TJ gets home. For now, I leave with the some Tropical Storm Beryl cloud pictures I took before the sun went down.



 











Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38