01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: GA Humidity = YUCK! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

GA Humidity = YUCK!

34
I do not like Georgia humidity. I never have, and I don't think I ever will. Stepping outside your door at 7 in the morning into that sticky weather that instantly makes you feel like you need to go back in and take another shower is awful. So far this year, we've been lucky with humidity and heat, but I have a feeling Savannah's luck has run out. The past few days the heat has been increasing, and the humidity is getting worse. We're finally starting to hit the 90's, which I know there are plenty of you that are struggling with high temperatures that you're not used. I feel for you. I think the 90's are here to stay. :( The only time I'm not as bothered by temperatures in the 90s are beach days. I can lather on some sun screen and head into the ocean. But if it's not a beach day, the 90s can leave, along with the humidity. That can leave and never come back.

OK, I am done bitching....for now. I make no promises that you won't here anymore complaints about GA summers, its heat or its humidity this summer. 

Before I begin about why I am complaining about the humidity, let's back up to last night. Girl's night in. A friend of mine came over and hung out after TJ went to work. It's so nice having a grown up conversation after the kids go to bed. A little glass of wine makes it even better. We gossiped, we laughed, we drank a little wine and stayed up WAY too late. lol


This morning, I woke up and decided to head out for a run before I even ate breakfast in hopes of little to no humidity. I was wrong. I went out for my run, but I wasn't feeling it. I don't know if it was staying up too late or the humidity or both, but I was struggling with this run this morning. I couldn't find a groove. The run intervals today were upped to two 8 minute intervals with a 5 minute walking break in between the two. I really don't think it was the 8 minute runs that got me, but I guess it could have been. I tried pacing myself a little better knowing it would be longer run intervals, but I was slower than I normally was all around and just couldn't make myself move faster.

I'm a little nervous about the the next run. It's one 20 minute session. I have faith in myself that I can most of it, but I am nervous and will be disappointed in myself if I can't. Send me happy thoughts that I can do it. I'll probably go for that run Monday. 



After my run, I was starving. I needed some breakfast. And this morning it was a Thomas Everything Bagel Thin and some Strawberry Cream Cheese by Laughing Cow.



Later, lunch was a ham and turkey sandwich with a Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedge on an Arnold Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin.



My day mostly consisted of laundry and cleaning (they never end. lol) and hanging out with the kiddos until dinner where we grilled some burgers and had a side of Annie's Mac and Cheese. A totally unhealthy and accidentally unphotographed dinner but I figure every once in a while won't hurt anything. 

After dinner, I was feeling a walk. TJ was not. He stayed home while I took both the kids with me. Our walk was only two small laps but it's better than nothing and it's nice just to get out and walk. And Dylan and Jordyn love it. 



Now, the kids are asleep and I'm about to make sure I have everything I need for family photo session tomorrow. 

Oh, and on another happy note, I am down another pound bringing my weightloss total to 13.4 pounds!!! YAY!!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38