01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: I Am Registered...... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I Am Registered......

34

....for my first 5K!!! I am SO excited. It's the 2012 Enmark Savannah Bridge Run. It's a 5K that starts on Hutchinson Island, goes across the Talmedge Bridge (the bridge below) and ends in downtown Savannah by the Civic Center. The bridge is 1.4 mile span, has a 5.5% grade and is 196 feet above the Savannah River (facts straight from the race website).  



The race isn't until December 1st, exactly 6 months form tonight, so I hope to run at least one if not two before then but this is the first race I have actually registered for. I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time. That's probably due to the fact that I'm still not done with the C25K program but I'll get there. The rain just needs to stop. LOL!

On another note, I completed my first yoga session for the June Yoga Challenge I talked about earlier that is being put on by the fabulous Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life. Boy, do I have some work to do. I'm so glad I did it and I feel great that I did it, but I'm not good at it. LOL! I used to be better at Yoga but I seemed to have lost what little bit of skill I had. The only thing I can do is keep going with and fingers crossed by the end of the month, I will be much better.

Your turn: What kind of race was your first race? What kind of training did you do for your first race? How about Yoga? Is it something you enjoy? Do you struggle like me or are you a pro and have some tips for me? LOL!

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38