01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: June Yoga Challenge, Week 1 Recap and Some Pretty Great News 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

June Yoga Challenge, Week 1 Recap and Some Pretty Great News

34
First, I have to start off with the great news. I don't know if you remember, but Jordyn broke her arm a few weeks ago. We took her to the doctor, and they took the cast off, and took the pins out of her arm!!! They wrapped her arm in a soft wrap so the wound where the pins were could close and told us we could take it off in a few days. So when I get home from work, off the wrap comes. YAY!!!!!!


We officially won't be done dealing with her arm until she's done growing but there is no more cast. Because of the type of surgery she had to have, they have to keep an eye on her to see how it develops. There's a 20% chance that when she straightens her arm it will also go out to the side. There's no way to prevent it and thankfully there no problems if it happens, it's just cosmetic. We take Jordyn in two weeks for a follow-up and then every 6 months for 2 years and every year after that until she stops growing. A little bit of a pain but it's better to keep an eye on it.

And I can't leave out my other kiddo. By the time I get home from work, I will have a SECOND GRADER! I can't believe it. And to finish off the year, he received Perfect Attendance for the year (which we already knew) and High Honor Roll, meaning he received All A's for the 9 weeks. That's twice this year. And the other two 9 weeks, he received Regular Honor Roll, All A's and B's. We have one smart kiddo on our hands. I couldn't be more proud!


And.......TJ has received his final grades for the quarter and earned a 4.0 for the quarter, giving him a 3.4 overall. WAY TO GO BABE!

Finally, remember when I promised edited pictures from a friend's Maternity shoot I took? Well, with broken arms, baby showers, another photo shoot and everything else, I finally have them finished. It took me a week longer than I wanted too, which disappoints me (my friend on the other hand didn't seem phased) but she received the pictures yesterday and loves them, which is what really matters. What do you think?





I don't claim to be a pro, but I love taking pictures for people. Maybe one day after practice and some online classes (which I'm looking into), I could become a pro. That would be my dream!

Now that I'm done with the all the happy news, onto Courtney's June Yoga Challenge. The Recap for Week 1:

Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life

Challenge: To complete 3 yoga sessions per week

Actual: 
After this week, I have learned that I have a lot of work to do but it's so calming and relaxing they make for a great morning or late (ok, not too late, this lady goes to bed around 10) night workout. I've been wondering if I could TJ on board with doing it with me. Hmmmm.......

Tonight I'm going to try to get a yoga session in since I know this weekend won't happen. Tomorrow, we're making the 2 1/2 hour drive to Jacksonville, FL to see a really good friend of ours graduate with her SECOND bachelor's degree. If she's not motivating, I don't know who is. And Sunday, I have a baby shower in Beaufort for that beautiful lady in the pictures above. 

What are your plans for the weekend? Anything fun or exciting?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38