01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: This Weather Can Stay 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

This Weather Can Stay

34
I'm sure I'm jinxing myself, but the weather here in GA over the past few days has been beautiful. The humidity hasn't been unbearable (and coming from me, that says a lot) and the temperatures have been in the 80's. It's been fabulous! This morning, I went for a run and it was 69 outside. Perfect! But before I get to that run, let's rewind to Saturday.

Saturday, I spent the day outside working at a baseball tournament for a friend. It was the easiest money I ever made. I sat at the back gate, selling admission tickets and checking for a stamped hand if they already paid. But since I was at the back gate, I wasn't busy, so I got a lot of 50 Shades of Grey reading done, along with some photography ideas and locations written down. This was my view all day. I love that my Nook was able to stay in my lap almost all day.


And off in the distance, planes would take off from the Savannah Airport nearby. There were also some jets taking off and watching the jets made me really miss that sounds and living in Beaufort. We were so close to the Air Station and the sound of the jets was an all day, every day thing. While it was loud, I miss that sound of freedom. *sigh*

Yesterday was a fairly low-key day. TJ wanted to get some sleep after work, so I set out to do some laundry, clean Jordyn's room (for the millionth time this week). Around 10:30 a good friend of ours in Beaufort called us wanting to know where, "the park with the fountain" is. I explained there were two and that we were heading to one later in the afternoon, so said they would go to the same one. They were heading to the Oglethorpe Mall, or the "the good one" as she calls it, so we met them there after they were done shopping so they could follow us to Forsyth Park. All the kiddos had a great time and it's always great catching up with friends. After the park, it was back home to relax for the rest of the night and work on editing some pictures

  
 This morning I decided to go for a run before work instead of after workout. I definitely think that was the right choice. It was gorgeous outside. Today I started Week 5 of the C25K program. There were 3 runs in 5 minute intervals with a 3 minute walk between each run. I really thought this would kill me, but I surprised myself. I paced myself a little better than I have before and did well. I wasn't dying by the end of that run. My time was a little slower but I'm OK with it because it wasn't too bad and I'm learning to pace myself in the earlier runs so that I'm not dying by the end. I have hit the point where I'm really starting to enjoy going for a run and am quite anxious to get to the point where I can run longer periods of time.



For now, it's back to work, but I'm thinking about a walk on the neighborhood with the family sounds perfect tonight.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun for Father's Day?

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38