01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: A Sad Day 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sad Day

34
This post started out with a different title and a different way, but then some sad news came

Last night while watching the Olympics I got two phone calls. The first was from my mom. My grandmother is in the hospital an had to have surgery Wednesday night, which I knew but my mom called saying she wasn't doing well and was not expected to make it through the night.

My other phone call was from TJ. He let me know his car was leaking radiator fluid and he would need me to pick him from work in the morning. Getting the kids up so early is never fun but it's apart of life.

TJ called me this morning as I was on my way to pick him up to make sure I had gotten up (I've overslept and been late picking him up before. oops). Once he knew I was on my way, he asked if I heard anything about my grandmother. I said no, and he said he talked to my cousin last night (they both work overnight shifts so can often catch each other on facebook) and said my grandmother passed away. I thought I was OK until I got off the phone with TJ and then I just started crying. When I arrived to pick TJ up, he just hugged me and told me how sorry he was.

Living in another state, my grandmother was never able to meet TJ or the kids. She was never able to meet my nephew. And I know how desperately she wanted to meet her beautiful grandkids and was looking forward to taking a picture of me, Jordyn, her and my mom for a 4 generations picture. It breaks my heart that she wasn't able to get the one picture she truly wanted. My grandmother was obsessed with taking pictures and I can absolutely say she passed every once of picture crazy down to me and I am ever grateful for it.

My grandmother was a bit stubborn and opinionated but she had a heart of gold. She would do anything for you. She loved her family more than anyone really realized. My mom (and all of her kids, even her step daughter) was close to her, and they are all having such a hard time at this moment. I know it's breaking their hearts that none of them with her when she passed (she spends half the year in Mass with my aunts and uncles, where she grew up and half the year in OK so my grandfather can be near his family, and they were still in OK)

I'm not one to typically go all out like this, but I honestly feel a little better. If you made it this far, thank you for taking the time, and if I can ask for some prayers. My family (in particular, my grandfather, my mom and aunts and uncle) could really use them


Labels:

35 36 37 38