01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Beautiful Blogger Award 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Beautiful Blogger Award

34
This morning, I was reading my comments, and read a comment that made me smile extra wide. Nanci from This Crazy Life of Mine nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award. I am touched and it definitely made my day. Thank you so much Nanci! 



I have seen this floating around the blogosphere and thought this was just too cute. I love reading random facts about some of my favorite bloggers and I hope you enjoy some of my randomness. 

Here are the rules
  1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and post in your post
  2. Thank you the person who nominated you (but wouldn't you do that anyway ;) )
  3. Tell us 7 things about yourself
  4. Nominate 7 other bloggers and comment on their blog to let them know
I guess now you want to hear 7 random facts about me! 

  1. I have lived in 4 states and was never a military child, just a military wife for a short period of time. Those states are Massachusetts, New Jersey, Georgia, and South Carolina. We are now back in Georgia but in a different city on the opposite end of the state
  2. The summer before my senior year of high school, I lost my license for 6 months....due to a seizure.....in the middle of Six Flags. I've never had another one and to this day the doctors can't explain why I had it. Their best guess was low blood sugar. Hot temperatures and not eating enough can cause a drop in blood sugar, but since a seizure can bring you blood sugar level back up, they have no way to know for sure. Just one of those mysteries.
  3. I do NOT like cake, frosting or Oreos. And yes I know it's a sin, but I'm OK with it because it helps curb a sweet tooth.
  4. My husband and I went to the same high school (he was a year ahead of me) but I had never even knew he existed until my best friend very sneakily (if it's not a word, I just made a new one. lol) set us up. Our high school was huge (4,000 kids huge) and each graduating class is around 700 kids so knowing everyone is nearly impossible.
  5. I LOVE snow! My love for snow is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum that my hate for heat and humidity resides. When it snows, I'm like a kid all over again. I'll be outside for hours. The last time I saw a good amount of snow was February 2010. We were on our way to Gatlinburg and there was snow in the mountains. I had on heels and a light weight but made my parents pull over so I could get out and play in it for a few minutes
  6. When I was little ( 3 or 4 years old little), my sister and I were on the front page of the paper in our town. The fair was in town and a reporter from the paper was there and said we looked like we were having the best time on one of the rides, so he (or she, I can't remember) asked my parents if they would mind if we would ride again so they could photograph us for the paper.
  7. When I lived in Atlanta, I worked several races at Road AtlantaAtlanta Dragway, including the Petit Le Mans, NHRA's Summit Southern Nationals and even an episode of Pinks All Out. These "work" days are days that I always remember. I had the best time and met some amazing people, including famous drivers and race teams. If given the opportunity to do it again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Here are a few pics from when I worked the races.
Inside the Flying Lizard card
With the Flying Lizard team. One of the many teams that talked with us, and offered water and did everything they could to make sure we were taken care of
Some of the amateurs at Southern Nationals
Gotta love the dragsters


At the Summit Southern Nationals with the Funny Cars


At the taping of Pinks All Out. When I was not on a break, I was standing by the wet box, pretty much where the smoke stopped from this car

Rich Christensen is the host of Pinks All Out. Unfortunately, he's not the nicest guy. He kind of ignored everyone that was working the taping.


Rich Christensen getting ready for the arm drop to go!

Now it's my turn to nominate 7 bloggers!

Jessica from Fruitful Pursuits
Victoria from Victoria Runs
Jessie from Jessie Loves To Run
Madeline from Food, Fitness and Family
Jen from Peas and Crayons
Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers
Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life

Labels:

35 36 37 38