01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Bring On The Gymnastics! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bring On The Gymnastics!

34
I know you all are wondering where my post is from yesterday. I promised I worked out and didn't take a rest day but the post just didn't happen. Work was surprisingly keeping my on my toes and I was exhausted from staying up and watching the Olympics Tuesday night. I don't typically stay up til 11:45. I'm in bed by 10pm at the latest. And tonight will be another late night since the Womens Individual All-Around In Gymnastics is tonight. It's definitely my favorite sport in the Olympics!

Anywho, let's take a trip back in time to yesterday morning at the gym. It was definitely not one of my better workouts. After a mere 5 1/2 hours of sleep doesn't work for me anymore. I need at least 7. When 5am rolled I was exhausted. I hit the snooze button a few too many times so when I actually got up I was short on time.

I began my work out with 20 min of cardio. I opted for this cardio to be a walk but at an incline of 8.0


It was then onto some Core work. Due to time and exhaustion, I only managed to get in two rounds. I;m a little disappointed but there's no point in dwelling on it. I did my best to work on better form for my V-Sits, which I think I achieved but gave me lower times. I'm ok with that since my form was better.


I struggled with my planks yesterday morning too. 


And last was time for my bridges. Those were pretty normal


I'm telling you, my whole day was off, not just my workout. I was off all over the place and coffee did not help either. Last night we had dinner and Facetime'd with my family before it was time for the kids to go to bed. Not long after they went to bed, I went to bed myself was asleep by 9:30.

Ahhhh, I woke up at 5am this morning refreshed. I started my workout with Workout C of Bootcamp. This week I had the opportunity to do my strength training in front of mirror and not be in anyone's way. While working on my walking planks, I noticed in the mirror that as I walked, my butt would get higher. Uh oh! I worked hard on keeping my butt down so I had the best possible form. I definitely felt the struggle and it resulted in lower times. Honestly though, I'm happy with what did because I know my form was great!


When I finished with Workout C, it was on to my cardio session. I wasn't really in the mood for a run, so I headed to the bike for 45 minutes.


I won't bore with work, because trust me, it would bore you, but now I'm relaxing on the couch trying to patiently wait for the women's gymnastics individual all-around



And yes, I know this is a picture of the whole team and tonight is the individuals but I was truly afraid to google either girl by name for a picture for fear of finding out the results tonight. LOL! So this will work for now. 

Are you watching the Olympics tonight? Who are rooting for?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38