01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: If It's Not One Thing, It Seems To Be Another 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

If It's Not One Thing, It Seems To Be Another

I am SO happy it's Friday! This week is almost over and this week has been crazy enough.

Saturday, I was leaving you with happy thoughts and promises of a few maternity pictures I took for a friend. They came out great and here are a few of the pics I took. They are all unedited though. I will share these, or some others once I edit them. I have had no time to edit these pictures yet, but am hoping to get them done next week.

What do you think? I'm no professional by any means, but I am honored that my friend allowed me to do a little experimenting and try my hand at some pictures for her.

It was after these pictures were taken that the craziness began. TJ met me with the kids downtown so we could spend some time at the park before he had to head to work. As I'm saying goodbye to my friend and her husband, I see TJ walking towards me carrying Jordyn and Dylan riding his scooter to me. I hear Jordyn crying and ask what's wrong. TJ says she fell. Jordyn is pretty tough so you know when she gets hurts. She was crying but not screaming and didn't want anyone to touch it. We sat down with her and debated on whether or not to take her to the ER. TJ has had a decent amount of broken bones and he didn't didn't think anything was broken so we eventually decided to wait til the morning and see how she was. TJ heads to work and I head home with the kids. Dylan eventually heads to bed and I cuddle on the couch with Jordyn. She struggles to fall asleep but finally does but can't stay asleep. After a post on Facebook and a call to the NurseOne line (a 24 hour nurse line in Savannah), it's a middle of the night for this mom and her kiddos.

We arrive to the ER just before midnight and thankfully don't have to wait long to be seen. The doctor immediately wants some X-Rays. That was difficult. My poor baby was in so much pain and I had to hold her down. After X-Rays, the orthopedist trauma surgeon comes in and tells us my sweet little 15 month old daughter has broken her arm above the elbow, and the bone has shifted. She would have to have surgery in the morning so they could move it back and possibly put pins in her arm to keep in place. He, of course, has to go through the risks of the surgery and how unfortunately this procedure is not as simple as many people think. Because she will have to have surgery, they will be admitting her, and a tired mom, 6 year old and 15 month old are finally settled into a room around 3:30 in the morning. It wasn't until 4am before Dylan fell asleep, who was such a trooper through the whole thing. Not one complaint from that kid. Gotta love him. After giving Jordyn some pain medication she has fallen asleep, but they still had a million questions for me and I needed to call TJ.

Just a mere few hours later, Jordyn goes in for surgery and comes out great. The doctors all praised how well she did. Look at this poor baby.

And look, they even put a cast on her puppy.

We finally head home around 6:30 and all I wanted was dinner and to relax. It was take out from Outback and an about an hour at home with TJ and the kids before TJ had to head back to work and the kids went to bed. Not my favorite Mother's Day. On the bright side, they did get me some pretty great gifts.

My card is so cute along with my very own newspaper. And my fitbit is AWESOME! Next week, I'll share some of the details of the fitbit.

After an exhausting first night home, I have to work Monday and come and am exhausted. The lack of sleep from the two previous days has me so worn out that a workout is not happening. I obviously didn't get a workout in Sunday either due the events, so I have every intent on kicking butt, the rest of the week.

Then in the middle of the night I wake up sick. UGH! I felt horrible and it was definitely carrying over to Tuesday. I never call out of work but there was no way I was going in. I did start feeling better as the day went on but I wasn't 100%, so again no workout. As for Wednesday and yesterday, I don't really have an excuse for not working out. I was going to go to the gym after work Wednesday but TJ had a meeting to go at school and I took some pictures of a friend in her wedding dress so her mom could see it, but I could have done an at-home workout and didn't. Bad Sabrina. LOL! And yesterday was worse. I wanted to go running, but it was running so I didn't go and that was it. TJ had no where to be so I could have gone to the gym, or could have easily done an at-home workout. Double bad Sabrina. And today, I get home from work and Dylan is sick. I'm ready for a new week. LOL!

I DID get up this morning and head to the gym. It's about time!

I also did a weigh-in since I missed my Sunday weigh-in. I am down .2 pounds. Can't complain since I didn't really workout.

And I ate pretty well today too.

Thomas 100 Calorie English Muffin topped with one wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese and some Chia Seeds, and washed down with Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate Milk (my excuse for this was I keep hearing how low-fat chocolate milk is a good after-workout snack. hehe). Sorry about no picture but I completely forgot to take a picture of this

Grande Iced Coffee with Sugar Free Hazelnut

Spinach Salad topped with a hard boiled egg, tortilla strips, almond slices, feta and sweet onion vinegarette dressing

Caramel Brownie Luna Bar

Kroger Frozen Shrimp Stir-Fry

After a not so good workout week, I plan on combining Weeks 2 and 3 in the C25K program to catch myself up along with some more gym time and I need to get more strength training in. I've done some but not enough.

On a completely random topic, look at my new shoes!

As for this weekend, other than workouts, I have more pictures to take. This time it's a combo of engagement pictures/family pictures for a friend (if the rain holds up like it's supposed to) and a baby shower in Beaufort on Sunday.

What are your weekend plans? Are they social, or are they productive things like housework and yard work?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38