01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Major MIA! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Major MIA!

I know you're wondering where I've been. Things have been SO crazy around here lately and they're not quite ready to slow down just yet.

The weekend before Labor Day my sister-in-law and her family came to visit. We spent the weekend downtown and at the beach and had a blast. I forgot my camera but I got a few pictures on my phone.

Then Dylan started school and we were getting back into the school routine. 2nd Grade is no joke for him. Dylan is already struggling with the fact that his 2nd grade teacher doesn't give him loads of chances like he got in kindergarten and 1st grade before going from a green (perfect day) to a yellow (not as great day) face. He's a talker (if you know, this should come as no surprise) and just can't seem to stay quiet. He's also one of the youngest in his class making him one of the most immature kids in his class which the other kids find funny. The teacher, however, not so much. We're working on it but it's a slow process. And even though we're only on the 2nd week, academically, he's doing great!

And then we had Labor Day weekend. Saturday morning, I had a maternity photo session in the park with my cousin. There will be pics soon. My mom and sister also came into town.They couldn't make it for Dylan's birthday so they came this weekend instead armed with presents for Dylan. Dylan got money, a new DS game and this really cool rocket from my other sister that can shoot up to 1200 feet in the air depending on the kind of "engine" you have. We did a little shopping, and had some QT at the house. Sunday was a day to relax. My mom took Dylan out to lunch with just the two of them, while my sister and I hung out with Jordyn. And Monday, before they left to go back home, we took my mom to breakfast for her birthday (which was the 4th) and then hit the baseball fields at the college near our house so we could set off the rockets.

 TJ was in charge of the first blast off to see what it was like.

Dylan's face cracks me up.

Then it was Dylan's turn to launch the rocket but he was worried it would be too loud so he asked if I would cover his ears. It's not really loud but he has sensitive ears and loud noises really bother him.

It was finally home to get some cleaning and ,more importantly, laundry done and prepare for the week.


As far as fitness goes, it's going well. I've been fitting in some fitness in a few more leisurely ways, such as swimming and walking around downtown but my runs have been happening too. It's been so busy I haven't had much of a chance to really blog about it, but I'm back. I'm working on prioritizing and scheduling each part of my day to get the most done throughout the day. Wish me luck as work towards getting a more organized house and family. 

This morning, I started off my day with a run at the gym. We have finally cancelled our gym membership and as of September 28th, we will begin having an extra $60 a month! And another happy note, we should have our treadmill by then or soon after if I can find one I like and think is worth it on Craigslist. I would personally rather buy a brand new one but that isn't in our budget so a Craigslist find will do.

Back to my run. I ran a short 2 miles since a trip to Kroger was on the agenda on my way home and there was still lunches to be made. Should have woken up earlier but I figure my 2 miles was better than no miles. Am I right?

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38