01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Sent Away 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sent Away

34
Good evening! How is everyone tonight? I'm not one to typically post at night but TJ has sent me away to the bedroom tonight.



What? I know. Crazy, right?!? I have mentioned before that TJ is attending the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). His major is sound design. His ultimate dream is to make sound effects for movies and TV shows. One of the classes he is taking this quarter is called "Field Recording." Most of his assignments involve him having to go out and record his own sounds to help build his own library of sound effects.

Unfortunately, for me, he has borrowed super sensitive equipment from the school, and my quiet typing was being picked up by the microphone so I had to leave my craft room/office. But honestly, I don't mind. I'm so proud of him for going after what he really wants to do. He could have easily chosen to go to a school and major in something that would guarantee him a job when he was done. Something that he knew would work, but he wouldn't be truly happy in. He's going after his passion and what he really wants. So, I am happy to support him and help him in whatever he needs to help him through school and find his ultimate dream job. 

Besides, I get a chance to catch up on The Bachelor too, without him making fun of every little thing. LOL!



And yes for those that keep up with The Bachelor, I am behind and watching the 2nd episode. Oops! ;)

And with my laptop and my iPad, I figured I'd pop on in with a quick update on me.

**************************************************************************

Over the holidays, I slacked off with working out but did maintain healthier eating. I luckily did not gain any of my weight back, but I didn't lose any either. Since the last time I updated about my weight loss progress there has been a loss though. As of tonight, I have lost a total of 29 pounds and have 11 pounds to go. While I am ecstatic about my weight loss, I'm not as toned as I would like to be.

I started running more consistently again and am now actively working to build my base weekly mileage as well as my distance per run. Once per week, I have been going for a "long" run. These long runs are not long...yet, but I'm working on it. Sunday, I ran 4 miles, which is closest to my longest distance, but this coming Sunday, I will go for 5. This will officially become my longest run and then hope to steadily increase my long runs. For me, I feel like I have a long way to go to be where I want to be as a runner, but I have to say I am really enjoying seeing the progress I am making. Just to see how far I have come from when I started is pretty cool to me.

While I have been doing really well with my runs but I am noticing that I am lacking some strength training big time. I think, I know this lack of strength training is also a reason I am not as toned as I would like to be. Sometimes when it comes to strenth training, I feel a bit lost, but I am determined to figure out what will be best for me and work on it.

And on that note, I am off to find some good strength training workouts. Have a happy Wednesday night everyone!

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38