01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Weekend In Review #2 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Weekend In Review #2

34
Intro




Friday

Friday started out as complete rest day. It was a chance to catch up on some much needed cleaning. TJ had a student film to work on so it was the perfect opportunity for housework. While TJ was gone, I got a message from my friend Amanda of Amanda Nicole Miller - Photographer, asking if I was interested in second shooting at a wedding Saturday. I was ecstatic. This was going to a huge opportunity for me to learn hands-on. Of course I said yes!

Saturday

What a crazy busy day! I knew I needed to get a run before the wedding, so I went for 2 miles. That run turned into the BEST. RUN. EVER! I felt fantastic the entire run. And when I hit the last 1/4 mile, I pushed as hard as I could somehow pushing out an 8:11 pace! Crazy!!!! On top of that crazy 1/4 mile pace, I had my fastest mile ever, and my best time and overall pace for 2 miles! Talk about hitting the jackpot.

After my run, it was time to get ready to head to Hilton Head for the wedding, but first I had to make a pit stop at Kohls. I needed some khaki shorts. I didn't have any and finding some was tough but I did find some and victory #2 of the day went to the khakis. No only were they a killer deal thanks to clearance but they were two sizes smaller than my old ones! Yay for me!

It was then off to Hilton Head by way of the Talmedge Bridge overlooking Savannah. Isn't that view the best?


I met with Amanda and the Bridal Party at Fifth Avenue Salon where Amanda explained what exactly was going to happen and how it was going to work. After she let me borrow one of her lenses, I quickly got to work shooting the bride and bridesmaids getting their hair and make up done (and immediately became obsessed with her lens. I will be getting one of those.) And of course, we stopped shooting for a picture of us together. Thank you so much Amanda for the photo!

After leaving the salon we headed over to Palmetto Dunes, where the lovely couple was staying and getting married. We made a quick stop at the reception area to see how things were coming along and snap a few pictures before heading over to check on the guys. I hung out with the guys getting some shots of them getting ready while Amanda headed back to the girls, where I headed when I was done with the guys. Just before the girls were ready, I headed down to the beach to snap a few pictures of where the ceremony was taking place and to be ready before everyone arrived. The ceremony was beautiful. I won't go into much detail about the ceremony but when it was over came the most stressful part of the wedding: the formal pictures. Making sure every shot is taken and that everyone remains put until it's over is no easy task, but worth every stressful moment. When formals were over, it was time for me to head out. I had to meet TJ at his work and pick up the kids. I'm bummed about missing the opportunity to photograph the fun at the reception but I had an absolute blast learning and experiencing my first wedding. 

Sunday

After a crazy Saturday, I was ready to relax on Sunday, but that didn't really happen. I got a 4 mile run first thing in the morning. I struggled with this run. I struggled so much that I wanted to give up at mile 2 but I decided to push it a little longer. I made it to mile 3 and was still struggling but told myself I would keep going until I hit the street I needed to turn down to get to my house. By that point, I only had 3/4 of a mile left and figured I might as well finish, I didn't have that much left. And finish I did. I didn't feel the best about it, but my overall pace was much better than I thought so I still say it was a win.

After getting home, TJ had to leave to work on a student film again and while he was gone, he found out that his brother's best friend had passed away. I was shocked to find out and am saddened by the news. I only had the chance to hang out with him a few times but we talked and caught up on Facebook regularly. He became a friend and actually was there for me during a tough time in my life several years ago. I last saw him for my birthday in December and I'm glad to have had such great memories as our last time together.

As far the rest of my Sunday, it was a bit somber but it I did get a few things done.

And that about wraps my weekend. How was your weekend? Did you have an eventful weekend?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38