01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: 2014 Races 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

2014 Races

34

It's Friday! Oh, how I love the weekend! As you're reading this post, I'm finishing up breakfast and trying to get the courage to head out the door and go for a much needed run, especially since I have a race coming up. It's a very cold morning here in Savannah and I don't have the proper cold weather gear, so I'm putting together what I have and heading out. Wish me luck.

But speaking of races, in my goals post on Wednesday, I mentioned that I would share my 2014 races, or at least what I plan on running. In the mix, you will find a variety of races, along with a fair amount of virtual races. The virtual races will most likely be done through US Road Running. If you haven't checked them out, you should. They have tons of virtual races, some that can be done for free (and you can share your time to compare with others) and some that can you pay an entry for to earn a medal. I LOVE these options as they are great motivational tools to keep me and others running. 

So, with further adieu, I present to you my 2014 races!

January

Rails To Trails 5K OR Cooler in Pooler 5K

This is dependent on TJ's work schedule but I would love to do the Rails To Trails 5K, and stay and help out for the Ultra that is also taking place. 

February

Hot Chocolate 10K

This will be my first 10K and Savannah's first Hot Chocolate Race. I am pretty pumped about this race. I mean what's not to love; you have running and the hot chocolate!

March

A Virtual 5K

In an effort to save money I am going to do a few of the free versions of US Road Running's virtuals. 

April

Big Nasty Mud Run

I won't lie. This race makes me happy and anxious at the same time. I think this race will be SO much fun and TJ wants to do it with me as a team. It's safe to say he will be pushing me harder than I probably want to be pushed, but totally worth it.

May

Another virtual 5K

As of right now, there are not a light of race options in Savannah in May, so it made making choosing a virtual race really easy!

June

JCB Mud Run OR a Virtual 5K

This is totally dependent on our budget and what my thoughts of Mud Runs are after the first one, but I'm leaving the virtual 5K option open for this month too.

July

Summer Soaker 5K

Another super fun race and totally necessary for a race in Savannah. Running while getting shot at with water guns.......AWESOME!

August

Another Virtual 5K

Maybe it's because I'm looking so far in advance, but there are not a lot of summer races here, but again it made it easy for choosing the virtual 5K.

September

Tunnels To Towers 5K

As a former Marine wife and friends to many that are still in the military, first reponders, etc, this race means a lot. Ther was no I could not choose this race this month.

October

My last Virtual 5K

I think the virtual races will be a bit more relaxed than the other races, which is just what I need before my half marathon next month.

November

Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon

Just typing this makes me nervous but excited. I'm still in a little disbelief that I am going to do this, but I do know I can do it if I train hard enough.

December

Enmark Bridge Run

I actually haven't decided if I want to run the 5K, the 10K or the Double Pump (both the 5K and 10K). Part of this is because I don't know how I will feel after running the half but also because I know I have time. Registration for it doesn't even open until June, and I should know by then which I want to do (I hope anyway. lol)


Well that wraps up my race schedule for the year, but this plan is tentative. I could change it depending on number of factors but it's what I'm shooting for!

What have you planned for 2014? How far in advance do you plan your races?

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38