01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Finding The Time 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Finding The Time

34
One of the most common excuses a person gives for not working out is not having enough time. Be honest with yourself for a second, have you ever used that excuse? I know I have. More times than I can count. In fact, I've used it non-stop for the last several months. 

I'm not proud of this, but it is the unfortunate truth. Over the last several months, things in the Jackson house have been so busy and they're only going to get busier. I know this. And I allowed that busyness to become my excuse for not working out. I allowed that busyness to become my excuse for quick, easy, no-so-healthy meals for my family and I.

But I want it to end….now! I have been doing a lot of researching on ways to have a healthier life for myself and my family. A common theme among article after article is making it a priority. And that's my plan. We will become a healthier, more active family. I will have a healthier, more active blog (that's a topic for a whole other post, which will be coming in the very near future) to share with you and to give my kids a look back on. 

But that starts small. And I'm starting small with me. This week is Spring Break. My kids are visiting their grandparents so it's just TJ and I in the house. I am taking the opportunity to make working out and eating healthy a top priority again. 

I have already planned healthy meals for him and I, and yesterday was spent meal prepping so nutrition-wise, we are ready for the week. And I'm getting back into my workout routine with a brand, new round of 21 Day Fix (and yes the meal planning is following the 21 Day Fix meal plan). Since it has been a while since I've worked out and I am still limited on time, I thought 21 Day Fix would be the perfect fit to jump back in. 
A photo posted by Sabrina Jackson (@sabrinajjackson) on

And boy did it kick my butt this morning. Not to self: Working out after a long hiatus proves just how much fitness you lose and reaffirms that you don't want to consume your life with excuses anymore. I definitely had a hard time this morning but made it through and know as long as I make exercise a priority, I can get blow oast the fitness level I was at before. 

Have you take fitness breaks before? What is your most commonly used excuse for skipping workouts?

How about a question for a future post: What does being healthy mean to you? Is it just fitness and nutrition or is it more?
post signature

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38