01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: April Goals 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

April Goals

34
How is it April already? 2016 is flying by and I haven't done well on my goals so far this year, but that's all changing in April. So, let's save all the chit chat and get on those goals.

Stay on track with C25K
This is really more to keep me accountable than really challenging myself. Last week, I restarted the C25K program, which I'll go into more in detail in a post coming next week. As far as my goal goes, I just don't want to get behind. I want to stay on track, unless I find myself feeling really good and want to complete more than the minimum runs each week, in which case, I could get ahead. 

Cross-Train and/or Strength Train 2x/week
I am horrible at getting strength training in but I know how incredibly important it is to incorporate into my workout routine, so I'm shooting to get in 2-3 strength training or other cross training workouts each week. I am including workouts such as bike riding and walking as well, because I know they are important as well and I tend to slack on those too. I need to be better so I'm giving myself baby steps. 

Stick to our meal plan 5 out of 7 days each week
When TJ isn't home for dinner, I honestly get a bit relaxed on dinner and that needs to stop. It's causing some of our food to waste, and our wallets and my waist don't need that anymore. To help stick to my meal plans, I'm going to prep what I can. Once the prepping is done, it's a lot easier to throw everything togetehr and cook dinner. 

Get in my step goal 4-5x/week
Even on workout days, I find this isn't very easy. It really boils to down to the fact that I find myself not moving around as much. I have so much to do everyday that doesn't involve moving that before I know it the day is almost over and I don't know how I'll get them in. To accomplish this goal, I'm setting a reminder in my phone to go off every hour, where I'll get up and walk for 10-15 minutes. It will give me the break I know I should be taking and help to get my steps in. Talk about a win-win.

Register for a 5K
I'm part of a group on Facebook where April's challenge is to run 60 miles plus register for a race of any kind. While I'm pretty positive I won't run 60 miles (walking is not included in the challenge), this even will keep me motivated to move more and try to run more than I normally might. It will also force me to finally register for a 5K. I've been talking about it and thinking about it but haven't done it yet. April will be the month I register for it, as soon as I pick one. 

As you can see, most of my April goal are fitness related. I, honestly, think it's where I need to put my focus right now. Before I was trying to focus on everything at the same time and it just wasn't working. I wasn't accomplishing any goals and getting frustrated. I think focusing on just one major aspect right now until my routine is set again will help accomplish what I really want. 


What are you hoping to accomplish this month?

post signature

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38