01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Savannah's Hot, Hot, Hot 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Savannah's Hot, Hot, Hot

34
Like half the country, Savannah is HOT! Yesterday and the rest of the weekend, temps should be in the high 90's and maybe hit 102, which I know isn't as hot as other places, but with the heat index it's supposed to feel as high as 114. That's CRAZY! I do NOT like it! And tomorrow is supposed to be almost as hot. :(


But before I get too ahead of myself, I want to rewind back to Wednesday. Wednesday, I was able to meet the newest addition to a very close family of ours. Our friends, Maggie and Ryan, welcomed their 3rd child into the world on June 18th. Since we all wanted to go, we had to find a time that was good for us and our friends. Wednesday was the day. After work, we headed to Beaufort, to meet the beautiful Isla Esme! Isn't she the cutest?


And on the way to Beaufort, I captured some pictures of Savannah! What a view!


And a few of Beaufort. These pictures make me really miss Beaufort and it's gorgeous views!



Because of the heat that began yesterday, and I like to get my runs over with, my runs yesterday and today were both at 6:30am. According to the C25K program, yesterday's run consisted of a 5 minute warm-up and 20 minutes of running. I'm to going to lie, I was nervous. It wasn't something I thought I could do. And wouldn't you know, I did it!!!! I was so pleased with myself. I began the run knowing I needed to pace myself otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it.


My pace was slower than I wanted it to be, but the fact that I actually ran the whole 20 minutes was huge for me. My pace for just the running portion was 11:35. I hope that with more runs that my pace will change and by the time I run the Savannah Bridge Run, I will finish it in 30 minutes.

This morning, I went for my run as soon as TJ came home and you could feel the heat and humidity difference between yesterday morning and today. It wasn't pleasant. For whatever reason, I struggled with today and didn't do well at all. I wasn't tired or hungry. I would like to blame the heat and humidity but I don't think it was that. And then a little over halfway through the run, I got a huge stitch in my side that really started hurting. I took as my cue that maybe today wasn't meant to be a running day. I headed home and did some stretching.

For now, I'm about to head out to Forsyth Park, hit up the Farmer's Market and let the kiddos play outside before the unbearable heat kicks in.
35 36 37 38