01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Back at it! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Back at it!

34
Why can I not go running? I ready myself to go and I wake up and I don't have it in me. I don't know if I figured it out this morning but I found something that may work. It's this thing called the treadmill and did you know that they're inside in an air conditioned building? It's pure bliss.

There are two main reasons why I was never a fan of a treadmill. Reason #1: I'm a bit self-conscious and I'm a newbie runner so running next to someone who is running for an hour makes me feel like I suck. I know, I know, I shouldn't feel that way and I will get to the point where those runners are one day but I have to be patient and work at it. But you can't help how you feel.

Reason #2: I like the idea if running somewhere. Even if it's in a circle around the neighborhood. I enjoy the scenery and I enjoy being outside. What I don't enjoy however, is the heat and on my last feel runs, I have felt very blah during those runs which wasn't motivating to go on another. Sometimes, I don't think I'm meant to live in the south. haha!

So, what motivated me to get to the gym and run on the treadmill? Well if you remember my goals post, I talked about finishing the C25K program as one of my goals. I can't finish it if I don't go for a run, and with the heat and humidity making me feel blah, I decided to give the treadmill a try. Most of the time, I get to the gym around 6:30 so there's very few people there and sometimes I'm the only one there. This helped with my fear of looking like an idiot and not being able to complete my run. Being more than halfway done with the C25K program actually helped some too, because I know I'm much better at running than I used to be. I decided to face my silly fear and go for it this morning.

This morning run was a 25 minute run. I began with a warm up and then started my run. I set my pace at just under 11 minutes and once I did a few "laps" I upped my pace to 10:20, a pace I was pretty sure I could handle for the full 25 minutes based on my running in the neighborhood.


I took this picture before my cool down. I finished my cool down to give me 3 miles. Honestly, I felt pretty great! This particular run was the motivation I needed. I know if I can keep up this up, I can do up my pace over time and that makes me super excited. I was actually a little bummed I didn't have time to workout a little longer. I wanted to hit the bike for a shirt lowkey workout to finish out the morning but I didn't get to the gym early enough. There's always tomorrow!

Once I got home, I had to quickly get ready for work and make my lunch for work. I didn't have time to make breakfast, so it was a turkey bacon sandwich from Starbucks along with my usual Iced Coffee. 


Lunch was Chicken Breast on a Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin with some Laughing Cow Swiss and a few Sesame crackers with some Laughing Cow Strawberry Cream Cheese. If onely Laughing Cow knew how much I ate their product. LOL!



And now, onto a little weightloss update. This morning I had a weigh-in and have now lost a total of 15.8 pounds. YAY!!!!!

After doing some research, I found that while I had a goal weight set in mind and it was in the ideal range, I am finding that my ideal weight to live the longest is actually 4 pounds heavier than my goal weight. So, I've changed my goal to reflect that weight, which I honestly think may be better anyway. I have adjusted my goal to reflect the best weigh to allow me to be the healthiest and longest, and as a result am now 4 pounds closer to my goal. lol

For now I must get back to work. Boo! 

How has your day been? 



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38