01 02 03 Work It Ms. Jackson: Lazy Day 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Lazy Day

34
Today, I wanted a lazy day. And tried to have one. It didn't work as well as I wanted it to but I'll take it.

I started out the day with a run as soon as TJ came home. I feel a little indifferent about it. Not my best, not my worst. I think I need a rest day, at least from a run, which is what I think I'll do tomorrow. When I got back from my run, I did began the plank a day challenge I talked about in my goals post this morning. As a plank newbie, I am envious of the ones that can last minutes. I know I'll be there one day but for today, I have to settle on my 31.5 seconds. 


After my workout, it was off to Walmart for groceries. I made the trip as quick as I could so I could get back so TJ could get some sleep. By the time, I got home, I was starving. I made a Spiced Oatmeal Smoothie that I found on Pinterest. While I ate it, I wasn't a fan and don't think I'll make it again. I have to say I'm disappointed. Oh, well. There's always another smoothie. 


After some playtime with the kiddos, lunch time rolled around and it veggie time, in the form of a salad.


After lunch brought on a nap for Jordyn, lego building for Dylan and a little blog reading for myself. After the brief "me" time, it was back to mom duties; laundry, dishes, and dinner prep. 

Speaking of dinner, it was SO, SO, SO good. Grilled fish with GrillMates Garlic, Herb and Wine Marinade. We also had some grilled corn on the cob from my trip to the Farmer's Marketand grilled broccoli. It was all delicious!


Once dinner was over, it was time for the kids to get ready for bed. The kids went to bed, and I did some walking around the house to complete my 10,000 steps goal I mentioned this morning. Now, I have to wrap this up. The wind has gotten wicked (yup, that's right, I said wicked. I was born up North. lol) crazy and the power has gone out twice with the lights still flickering. These are my signs I am done with tonight's post. Have a great night everyone!

How was your weekend? How did you stay out of the heat? Or were you some of the ones affected by some wicked storms this weekend?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38